      From: "MKGMT@..." <MKGMT@...>
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 8:43:39 PM
      Subject: Re: [FH] Breeders Perspective

      Just got back from the vet. Jasmine had her echocardiogram and she does
      have HCM. The vet was amazed that my vet picked up the murmur. You could
      only hear it in one place and if you didn't put your stethoscope there you
      would miss it. He confirmed for me that my family vet is awesome.

      Anyway, Jazz has a slight case. The vet told me that the normal values
      for heart wall measurements were less than 4.8 cm. Jazz's measurements were
      4.9 and 5.4. He has recommended a small dose of atenolol daily and then to
      return next year for a repeat exam and echo. He said that he probably
      wouldn't treat an older cat with these measurements, but Jazz will only be 4
      next month so he wants to go ahead and start treatment. He said that it was
      up to me, but if it was his cat, he would treat her. That was good enough
      for me.

      Now off to contact the breeder. I don't believe that Jazz's parents are
      still breeding so that part is moot.

      Melinda