37705Re: Monday Morning EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!! Any thoughts please......

  • C.R.
    Oct 5, 2009
      hi Melissa,

      He may have a urinary tract or bladder infection. That often will make them have indiscriminate peeing and it probably burns when they pee, so the crying may be from that.

      When you go to the vet tomorrow, you might want to have a blood panel with a urinalysis and culture done to check his kidney values and see if there's any infection going on. Kitties on Lasix need to have their kidneys watched carefully, because the constant use of diuretics can be damaging to their kidneys. Our angel Chris developed CRF (chronic renal failure) from being on long term Lasix. CRF kitties have to pee a lot and usually the volume is big too, because they drink a lot more than usual. Often they'll pee outside the box, because they just can't hold it.

      I hope it's just a UTI. Please get it checked out tomorrow

      Carol and Snowball and the gang
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic