37702Monday Morning EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!! Any thoughts please......

  • smittyhj82
    Oct 5, 2009
      Winston- 6 month old male Ragdoll. Diagnosed with HCM, grade 4 Gallop Rythym. On Lasix (1/4 once a day), Atenolol (1/4 tab once a day) and Baby asprin, every third day.

      HAS NEVER had an accident in his life, even having to find a litter box in unfamiliar surroundings. This morning he peed on my bed. 5 minutes prior to this, he pooped in the litter box, which i cleaned right away. I then walked in the bed room to find him covering up a large pool of urine on my down comforter. I cleaned it up and will take the comforter to the dry cleaner at lunch. No urine on sheets...

      Right before he peed he was walking around the house crying, not painful yowling, but crying, which is crazy unlike him, as he is quite a silent guy. (Never speaks much).....

      I called the vet, not totally ruling out behavioral, even though its hard for me to believe, but he has an appt tomorrow morning.

      He has been on lasix for 3 weeks and hasnt had an issue- AT ALL...this is why i am kinda shocked.

      Has this every happened to anyone? Urinary accidents? I believe when he was meowing he was either hurting, or confused, so he went on the bed....but i really would be disappointed if this is a behavioral issue. I have another Ragdoll, Oliver, who has also never had an issue and Winston has been around him since June 2009.

      Please, if you have an insight as to why this may have happened, please let me know. I am very worried. It was alot of urine, so he doesnt appear to have any kind of blockage.....

      Thanks- Melissa and Winnie.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic