      From: smittyhj82 <smittyhj82@...>
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, October 1, 2009 8:05:08 AM
      Subject: [FH] Please help! HCM and lung disease (possible Asthma?)

      Hi. Wanted to get everyones thoughts on HCM and lung disease. Winston, my 6 month old Ragdoll was diagnosed with HCM last month. He is on lasix, atenolol and baby asprin. When they did his chest x-ray they noticed some very serious lung changes, but no one (his regular vet or the cardiologist) has ever mentioned that he has "FLUID" in his chest, and they have never said "CHF". So, my reglar vet leans toward asthma. How many of you are not only treating HCM, but breathing problems too?

      I would love to hear what HCM meds they are on and what Asthma meds too, as i'd like to discuss with my vet.

      Has anyone had a broncoscopy on there kitties?

      Winston sounds congested, stuffy and wheezy. Anyone notice this too? He snores also. Sneezes, but no nasal discharge.

      Please let me know if you can offer any insight on this situation.

      Winston sends thanks and hugs :)