37560Intro

  • Tamara
    Sep 14, 2009
      Hi,

      I just joined the group yesterday, as I just found out Saturday that 1 of my kitties, 12 yo Annie has a heart murmur.  She will be getting x-rays and an echocardiogram this week or next.  Unfortunately, it will be my 3rd round with heart disease with a cat.  I lost 1 cat in 1995 to DCM and another in 2000 to HCM (secondary to hyperthyroidism).  I guess I will know more after these tests, but am here to learn as much as I can.

      I found Annie when she was about 4 mos. old and I've always thought she came from a nearby feral community that lived in a park a couple of blocks from my home.  She has had many health issues, including stomatitis, she had a "mystery" infection in her chest in 2006 and while dealing with that, they found on those x-rays that she had some healed broken ribs.  I actually brought her into the vet to look at a squinty, watering eye and during the exam the heart murmur was discovered.

      Peace to all,
      Tamara

      "War is a failure of the imagination."  William Blake