37511Morgan's Cardiac Ultrasound

  • caits_cats
    Sep 1, 2009
      Hi

      I am not sure if you remember my previous post about Morgan? He was diagnosed with a grade 3 heart murmur at 6 months of age. He is now 2.5 years old and over the last year, every so often he caughs. He recently had a cardiac ultrasound which revealed, mild left atrial enlargement, moderate mitral regurgitation and Ao veiocity was slightly high (irregular thickening). Another ultrasound is recommended for 6-8 months. I some what understand what this means but not completely. Morgan is on Benazapril daily. His weight is good at about 11 lbs. He is a seal point Himalayan. We had him neutered at 6 months but special percaution was taken due to his heart. His yearly check up is next week.

      I feel he eats a good diet of Taste of the Wild free fed all day, Friskie's wet mixed with Organic Probiotic Yogurt and 1 tablet of Brewers Yeast with Omega 3 Fatty Acids daily. I am not sure how to attach pictures but he is a very beautiful, healthy, happy kitty aside from his heart.

      If any one has any suggestions on suppliments/vitamins that might also help him I would be so grateful if you could let me know.

      Thank you
      Cait
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic