3707Re: when is it time to euthanize?

  • mukki2@yahoo.com
    Sep 20, 2001
      Every vet I talk to is surprised he is still alive (diagnosed in
      January 2000, after he went into CHF after a routine dental
      cleaning). I've been quite attentive to him, adjusting the
      medications after doing research (which I know you aren't supposed to
      do). This downhill spiral started after we left him to go to LV for a
      weekend in late July. He gurgled after that and then I went to Palm
      Springs last weekend and he's much worse now (although I seem to have
      stabilized him). I think he gets stressed when we leave him even
      though he has someone who comes over to feed him and give him meds.
      He's very tired but still shows signs of happiness. I might try the
      Dandelion or ask the vet about injectable lasix. Unfortunately, I
      don't think my vets are very experimental or at least don't have a
      wide range of experience.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic