      From: Anyes Moscrip [mailto:anyes@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 11:15 PM
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [feline-heart] when is it time to euthanize?

      Mike & Linda Irrgang wrote:

      > do you wait to give the dandelion until you know there is a problem? how
      can
      > you detect fluid buildup in the lungs? does an xray show it?
      >
      > linda

      I gave the dandelion as a preventive daily for 6 months. I upped the dose
      when
      I saw early signs of fluid build up, such as the 'flank' breath... breathing
      with the lower flanks used as bellows. The fluid got reabsorbed within
      24hrs
      without the stress of an ER visit.

      A vet can tell if there is fluid in the lungs from listening to the lungs
      and
      heart. It can be seen on xrays, but once you know your cat is prone to it,
      it
      is no longer necessary to do an xray each time. Other signs are there.

      Anyes