35358Re: CHF: How do you know the time has come?

  • dshale1
    Dec 1, 2008
      Pye has had three echocardiograms with two different cardioloigists
      and neither of them even shaved her. Maybe they just do that with
      long-haired cats?

      At the last one her blood pressure was a little higher than usual but
      still normal, and that's the only sign of stress that I could tell.
      That was probably because she could hear a dog barking in the waiting
      room. For our cat, the x-rays are more stressful than the echoes
      because she hates to be placed on her back.
      -Susan

      > Hi
      >
      > All my heart cats havbe regular ultrasounds and the only risk I can
      see is
      > if they become very very stressed. Trixi did once and she collapsed,
      but they
      > gentle reassured her and she recovered well. Apart from that
      episode, the only
      > thing I`ve noticed with ultrasounds is that I always seem to have
      cats with
      > bald patches!
      >
      > The benefits greatly outweigh the risks. Occasionally a wriggly or
      vicious
      > cat might need a sedative.
      >
      > Lyn

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic