34674Re: My Tember girl

  • Carol
    Sep 29, 2008
      Dear group....Again, I went in and fixed Annette's email so it's
      readable. Please reply to the group, so Annette can see your

      Dear Annette,

      I'm so sorry to hear about Tember. My heart goes out to you and it
      hurts at the same time.

      I'll light a candle for Tember tonight.

      hugs,
      Carol and Snowball and the gang

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, annette burton <meaniebie@...>
      wrote:

      It is so hard to write this, because it makes it too real, but I had
      to let my girl go today. She took quite the turn for the worse
      today, and it was clear that it was time for her. I had to make sure
      she would not suffer, and I wanted her to go while she was not in
      obvious pain. I wish I could have spared her some of the discomfort
      that I know she felt. It was very peaceful , even tho heartbreaking.
      I chose a sweet lady vet, who is in association with my town vet. I
      did not give him the priveledge of serving my girl.

      When I first arrived at the vets, I got out of the car, and sat in
      the grass with her, letting her out of her carrier, to look around.
      She had no strength to take off exploring as she normally would, but
      I could see that she loved the warm September sun on her face, and
      she liked being free to walk a bit, and smell the leaves, and hear
      the birds. Of course, I let the vet check her over, and see what she
      thought. Tember had no strength to do anything, but lay on my chest,
      as she always liked to sleep. Kristy, a tech there for years, the
      first tech Tember ever knew, came in to stay. She has always loved
      Tember, and she kissed her and talked to her and sat next to us.
      Tember was brave (really didn't seem to feel it) as the doctor gave
      her the shot, and she grew very relaxed and looked so peaceful. it
      took the vet a while to get a vein. by then, when they shaved her
      leg, she was all comfy, and didn't even know it. So I got to hold
      her, and love her, and hugged her tightly. It felt so good to be
      making her feel better, and free from the confines of her little
      sick body, but it hurt so very badly in my heart. They left me
      alone, and I held her, and was Aglad it was over for her. Kristy
      came back, and made two little footprints, one for me and she said
      one for her if it was ok, to remind her to never give up. I took her
      to my daughters home in the country, where we buried her under some
      wonderful trees, at the edge of the woods, along beside a
      little "mama kitty", as stray that Lora gave a good home , and their
      dog "abby". I put an angel on her grave, and could hear the most
      wonderful birds around there. What a wonderful spot. I am so
      grateful to all the folks here. I could not have taken care of her
      if this site hadn't been here, and we would not have had the extra
      time that we did. I feel kind of badly, that perhaps I shouldn't
      have waited, but it always looked like there might be the
      possibility of a little more pain-free time. today, however, it was
      clear that it was time. there are some things I'd like to share -
      medical things and developements in her case, but now is not good.

      It has been a beautiful day, and my girl is at peace. I will be ever
      grateful for the help I got for her here. It breaks my heart to write
      annette and angel Tember-forever my girl
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic