33085Re: [FH] Re: Appetite stimulants, useful experience

  • shannon5@charter.net
    May 6, 2008
      Hi Deda,
      I have been a member of this list for almost 6 years and I cannot tell you how many people have joined because of a cat in heart failure following a steriod shot. I think heart failure qualifies as a serious side effect.
      Shannon
      ---- rzivorad <rzivorad@...> wrote:

      > place. Besides, corticosteroids like prednisone/prednisolone don't have
      > serious adverse effects on cats. I have experience with long-term use of
      > prednisone in my cat and I really didn't notice any adverse effect (it
      > could be increased appetite, maybe, but she is so poor eater that even
      > long-term use of prednisone doesn't help). Many experienced vets, which
      > articles on corticosteroid therapy I read, assert the same.
      > Many regards from Deda
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic