32740Re:HCM Kitty-Getting Neutered

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Apr 1, 2008
      Hi Laurie

      Maxi was neutered early as he has HCM and he piled on the weight, reaching
      nearly 7kg by 18 months old. He had to go to the weight management clinic and
      was put on a special Hills diet food which has done him wonders. He's under
      6kg now, looking sleek and very energetic. I think the thing we did wrong was
      to let him graze and munch all day long.

      As long as you give them the correct food portions (which are written on the
      tins/packets) and ensure he exercises, he should be fine. My other neuters
      are sleek and healthy.

      Lyn :)

      www.furkids-uk.com