32154Nervous about new job

  • Catherine Browning
    Feb 1, 2008
      Hi all,

      I'm writing this here because I don't really have anyone in my "real
      life" I could say this to, without either a: sounding like a real nut,
      or b: possibly making them feel guilty.

      I'm starting a new job tomorrow -- had the training today. It's just
      market research, it's not hard, but it means that weekends I'm going
      to be away from my furbabies for 8 hours on Saturdays, and 7 hours on
      Sundays, plus 4 hours on some weekdays. I'll only be about 20 minutes
      walk away, but I'll be away, and it's the first time in a long time
      that I'll be working weekends away from home.

      As some of you may know, last year I was a substitute teacher. I'm
      going to be doing that again this year too, so that means that some
      weekdays, I could be away from 8am to about 9pm.

      I haven't been away from my heartkitties for so long since they've
      been born 5 1/2 years ago, and they were born with this condition, so
      they are sicker now than they were then. But because they are sick, I
      need the extra money ... but on the other hand, what's money if I'm
      missing out on spending precious time with them?

      There is no good solution ... I have to do this job, I know this, and
      I'm not even worried about how good I'll be at it ... just about the
      time spent away from my cats. Am I totally nuts? Because it feels a
      bit that way!

      Just had to get all this out there, to people who I hope will
      understand ... and if you don't, then it means that I *am* nuts and
      I'll try to just "get over it"!

      Thanks for reading this late-night rant :)

      Catherine and ...
      Kitty (non-HCM mother), Buttons-Angel, Patch (5/6 murmur), Claude (4/6
      murmur) and Tuppenny (3/6 murmur).
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic