31932Re: vaccination lump

  • jamander33
    Jan 6, 2008
      Hi Lyn, I wanted to also chime in concerning surgery (anesthesia)
      for our heart kitties. I, too, was terrified about putting Griffin
      under, as he had bad gingivitis - painful mouth. I am fortunate to
      have a vet that has a specialty in vet dentistry. However, she could
      not assure me of anything anesthesia related. To our total delight,
      he came through the dental surgery perfectly - not a single concern
      while he was under. And, ironically there was another HCM kitty
      having his dental that day as well. He was 10 and he did perfect as
      well. So, our heart kitties can come through just fine. It is so
      important for your vet to follow very strict anesthesia protocols.
      There are certain drug combos that put less stress on their hearts.
      One thing that my cardiologist recommended to our vet was to give
      him a pre-anesthetic (they used buprenex) which in turn allowed them
      to use less gas (isoflurane). Please keep us posted. Amanda