31131Re: [FH] Kitsu had a recheck ultrasound yesterday (CHF, DCM)

  • Renee Babcock
    Oct 4, 2007
      Leah, thanks for the perspective. I know I need to be
      more patient, but it's so hard, when all I want is for
      Kitsu to be well. I'm hoping that with the fine
      tuning of his meds, the next ultrasound will be even
      better (it would help me feel better about having to
      go out of town for a week, that's for sure!).

      Dr. Jones did tell me Pimobendan had been approved for
      dogs, but she doesn't think it'll ever be approved for
      cats, because she says the market is so small. But
      she's had really good success with the cats she's
      treating, so I remain hopeful.

      Oh and the Pill Pockets - Kitsu loves both the chicken
      and salmon flavors! Just about nibbled my fingers off
      this morning trying to take them from my hand!

      Renee

      --- Leah Ferron <leahandhercats@...> wrote:

      > Renee,
      >
      > It sounds like a good visit to the cardio!
      > Although you may feel the visit wasn't as you hoped
      > for, we haved learned in this group that a visit
      > that doesn't show a progression of the disease and
      > actual improvement to be an awesome visit! I am glad
      > to hear that the meds are working for him.
      >
      > There have been several people in the group that
      > have used the pimobendan so hopefully others that
      > used it will chime in on it. There have been good
      > results in dogs with DCM and pimobendan but not much
      > research has been done on kitties with it.
      >
      > There is more than one flavor of Pill Pockets so
      > you may find you need to change flavors after a
      > while. Some kitties get tired on using the same
      > treats. Just FYI. But glad to hear that they are
      > working for you. I have a few of my kitties that
      > like the Pill Pockets too.
      >
      > Keep up the good work.
      >
      > Leah and her cats and Angel Alec

      > Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship
      > answers from someone who knows.
      > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

      http://farechase.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic