      From: Linda Fischbach <fischbl@...>
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com; Sue at MAGDRL <susan@...>
      Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 8:37:36 AM
      Subject: Re: [FH] OT: Feline CRF lists

      That group is very active, and there's a lot of good information. It is not
      holistic. But I would still recommend joining it.

      Some groups push giving Sub-q fluids even to cats with mild CRF. Fluids are
      given to avoid dehydration, and most CRF cats can maintain hydration via
      drinking water until their Creats are in the upper 3's. Yes, fluids can
      lower numbers, but if they are not necessary, they are also unnecessarily
      overworking the kidneys.

      Linda