27287Re: Update on 20 year old cat with swollen back legs

  • margdaw4
    Mar 6, 2007
      Thanks Janie, I just talked with my vet is she is going to try to
      persuade the cardiologist to call them a half hour before and then I
      can keep Frisky home until that time. The swelling in Frisky's legs
      will go down if I put them up on a pillow. But the minute he walks
      a few steps, they start to swell again. He is not taking Lasix but
      that is something that the cardiologist might suggest.

      Margie

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Janie <sockster@...> wrote:

      > Hey a friend of mine her cat was 24 yrs old. So maybe Frisky has a
      way
      > to go.I think you should maybe try to be with him if you can. Im
      always
      > with our cats and I get to see the ultra sound. That seems a bit
      > stressful maybe if you live close you could schedule it and they
      could
      > call when the dr gets there? They can do what they want that makes
      the
      > dif in vets. Whatever I think if you feel ok and can pay for it do
      it.
      > My cat Trampster is I think 16 give or take. She has heart problem
      too.
      > Has for 5 Yrs. She runs around like a kitten. Shes losing weight
      but I
      > pray she lives too. She aspirated she had her teeth fixed a month
      ago
      > and is now gaining and she has been through a lot she still is
      spunky
      > and she bosses the 17 poundes around. Good luck. I wonder if her
      legs
      > have fluid like people get fluid in there legs. That would make
      them
      > swollen. Just a thought. Dose she take lasix? Janie

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic