26402Re: [FH] I don't want to be here

  • Leah Ferron
    Dec 30, 2006
      Amy,

      Belive me when I tell you that we don't want you here either and that is because it means that another kitty has been diagnosed with heart problems. We hate that!!! But since you are here, WELCOME to you and Luke. We are glad you found us because we know how difficult a time this is for you and Luke. We have lots of information to share and a shoulder to lean on.

      Well, it sounds like Luke was diagnosed early, so that is good. Most kitties here find out in the late stages, as is the nature of the disease and the kitties' instincts to hide illnesses. There are things that you can do like feed a good quality canned food and give supplements like CoEnzyme Q10 (CoQ10) and others. If you want some more info on these, just email me. You probably won't hear about supplements from your vets but we highly recommend them in this group. Most vets say they won't help but won't hurt.

      Nala is right about prognosis. Do not write your vet's comments on life span in stone. They are often wrong, way wrong. Luke could live to be a grumpy old kitty so don't give up hope on him! Just love him with all you got every day you got him and you will have no regrets!

      We are glad you and Luke found us. We are glad you are here.

      Leah and her cats and Angel Alec