26391I don't want to be here

  • amy13501971
    Dec 30, 2006
      Hi -

      I've never joined an online support group before, but then again I've
      never had a cat with heart disease before. Luke is a 5 1/2 year old
      male who makes me smile. He was just diagnosed with Hypertrophic
      Obstructive Cardiomyopathy. I don't know what to do. The thought of
      him not being with me is almost more then I can bear.

      The cardiologist prescribed 1/4 tablet of a beta blocker called
      Atenolol twice a day. Does this usually help? Is there anything else
      that can be done? Should I start Luke on a low sodium diet?

      What's the typical prognosis? The cardiologist thought Luke would live
      another 3 1/2 years.

      Amy
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic