26327Re: [FH] new here

  • Leah Ferron
    Dec 27, 2006

      Welcome to you and all your kitties. Bravo to you for doing what you do!! Whether you believe in this type of thing or not, I know you have secured a good seat in the next life for saving all those kitties' lives.

      I am sorry that you have had to deal with so many kitties with heart disease. I hope that it is not an epidemic but merely good luck on the kitties' part for finding you, a person of whom could give them a chance at a good life. We generally recommend supplements for heart kitties like CoEnzyme Q10 (CoQ10) and some others to help slow the progression of the heart disease. If you want more information on these supplements just email me. It is information that you could give to prospective owners too. Along with supplements, a good quality canned food is best for them too.

      I wish I could give you more help in finding good people to adopt kitties with special needs. I know that it is hard. Most of us have heard from too many people that we are crazy for helping our kitties as we do. It can be disheartening but this group helps keep our spirits high in that we know there are other caring people like us out there. So don't ever give up trying! When you do find good pet parents, definitely direct them to our group! We have lots of information to share and are never low on opinions (and you can take those or leave them without worrying about offending anyone)!

      Glad you found us and keep up the good work!

      Leah and her cats and Angel Alec

      Do You Yahoo!?