25607which Potassium should I use

  • Vickie
    Nov 5, 2006
      Ok, after I reply about Potassium my vet clld and suggested after Baby's
      last blood
      test he should have a small amt of Potassium, this is based on the bur/cea
      #'s
      going up. I gave him a copy of the lab wk and I don't know what the girls
      did w/it.
      So I gave him the Potassium #'s. I then clld my cardio vet, cause the
      cardio vet that
      saw Baby before said not to give it to him. The new cardio vet say a small
      amt
      wouldn't hurt to give him not that his # had drop, the others went up.

      OK so which Potassium seem to be the choice one by cats? The cardio vet
      said
      to give him 2 mEq. She said it was ok to use what I can get at the drug
      store or
      at my reg vet. The one at the store had 550/595 mg. I was told that 2 mEq
      is
      eq to 485 mg?

      The other vet said he had a power and gel, I think.

      Vickie
      In memory of Angel ONYX 12/27/02 and Smudge 5/01/04
      Beware of Feline Diabetes !!!
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic