24268Re: Slippery elm bark - what meds is this recommended with?

  • taloah2000
    Jul 4, 2006
      Thank you Sue - I will pick some up for my boy. Although he could
      probably stand to lose maybe 2 lbs as he's already 15 lbs and won't
      be a yr till later this month (and Dexter looked perfect at 12 lbs),
      I hate for him to do it because his tummy hurts.

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Sue at MAGDRL <susan@...> wrote:

      > Lisa,
      >
      > I found that over time, all of Pepper's medications & supplements
      were
      > upsetting her stomach. SEB soothes the stomach and helps relieve
      the
      > discomfort. I mixed a small pinch in with her food and also added
      a bit of
      > water since it tends to absorb a lot of water. That way, the food
      didn't
      > get too "dry" in comparison to its normal moisture content.
      >
      > I can't say that it's recommended with specific medications - just
      that it
      > helps with the stomach upset that some of them cause.
      >
      > Since SEB coats the digestive tract, you don't want to give it
      shortly
      > before giving medication (about an hour) since it will lessen the
      amount of
      > medication that gets absorbed.
      >
      > I bought mine in bulk from a local health food store. They have a
      bin of
      > the Frontier brand and you just take what you want. You can also
      buy it in
      > capsules.
      >

      > Sue

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic