      From: gea@... [mailto:gea@...]
      Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2001 9:13 PM
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [feline-heart] Hair Loss?

      Hi, all,

      Has anyone (actually, anyone's cat...) had any trouble with hair loss?
      We just noticed Malcolm (who started on Atenolol and Lasix about 3
      weeks ago for HCM) is losing clumps of hair, and most of it seems to
      be from the inside of his thigh. My human PDR says Atenolol can result
      in temporary hair loss in humans, but I also know hair loss can be a
      sign of other more serious problems like diabetes.

      We went to the regular vet for our first follow-up visit yesterday for
      kidney bloodwork--should have results soon.

      Only two coughing episodes in the past three weeks and he's got lots
      of energy!! (He was having several a day for a while there.)

      Thanks much,

      Gail & Malcolm