24258Re: Slippery elm bark - what meds is this recommended with?

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Jul 4, 2006
      Lisa,

      I found that over time, all of Pepper's medications & supplements were
      upsetting her stomach. SEB soothes the stomach and helps relieve the
      discomfort. I mixed a small pinch in with her food and also added a bit of
      water since it tends to absorb a lot of water. That way, the food didn't
      get too "dry" in comparison to its normal moisture content.

      I can't say that it's recommended with specific medications - just that it
      helps with the stomach upset that some of them cause.

      Since SEB coats the digestive tract, you don't want to give it shortly
      before giving medication (about an hour) since it will lessen the amount of
      medication that gets absorbed.

      I bought mine in bulk from a local health food store. They have a bin of
      the Frontier brand and you just take what you want. You can also buy it in
      capsules.

      Sue