21100Re: Monkey's new health issue

  • turkishangoraathumanesociety
    Sep 30, 2005
      I should have also added that she had to go under anesthesia a few
      months prior as well (gas too), because of a weird paw issue she was
      having, and a biopsy was needed, because they were worried it was
      pemphigus, an autoimmune disorder that presents like that (it wasn't
      though)...They had to be SURE if it was, though, because it would
      require the use of dexamethasone (a steroid) and that's something you
      don't want to give a heart kitty unless there is no other alternative.
      They said Dex. was the safest of them all for heart kitties, but
      fortunately it didn't come to that....

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "turkishangoraathumanesociety"
      <turkishangoraathumanesociety@y...> wrote:
      Lillie had to have anesthia (gas of course) last year
      > when she was impacted and nothing else was working...It was a life
      and
      > death situation...and she was very unstable under the anesthesia, so
      > they had to work fast.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic