20738Re: [FH] Re: coughing

  • Lisa Clarizia
    Sep 2, 2005
      Hi Cathy,

      I agree with Sue re masking symptoms and that it sounds like McGovern is
      having a CHF issue. It doesn't sound like asthma at all.

      I also would be concerned about using steroids in heart kitty. Cats can and
      do cough from heart conditions, it's a complete myth that they don't
      although it is more common in dogs and humans. My cat coughs in response to
      excess fluid, and also because his heart is so enlarged that lying in the
      right position, it actually pushes on his larynx and makes him cough.

      I hope McGovern is feeling better now!

      Lisa

      --
      Lisa Clarizia