      -----Original Message-----
      From: cayvb <cayvb@...>

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Bab006@a... wrote:
      > I know coughing is not a good sign, but how much coughing is too
      much.

      Dear Bridget, I panicked too when my cat started coughing. My McGovern
      was just diagnosed with asthma yesterday. I thought his coughing was
      related to his HCM but the vet said cats won't cough from heart related
      issues. So I would be cautious in increasing the Lasix. Anyone
      willing to comment?

      It just seems to make sense that coughing would be a symptom of heart
      failure, attack, etc. She said that's true for humans and dogs but not
      cats.

      I also filled a prescription for FloventHFA 220 mcg, a corticosteroid
      inhaler. I've given him 2 doses so far. That's a trip... giving a cat
      an inhalant! His coughing has stopped (nothing since 5AM, it is now 5
      PM)but his breathing is still a little labored but not open mouthed.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic