      From: sciani@... [mailto:sciani@...]
      Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2001 10:18 AM
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [feline-heart] Whiskers Update (RCM & anemia)

      Took Whiskers to the vet on Friday for a kidney values check. BUN is
      1 point above range. Sodium is 4 points above range. PCV is 19 -
      that's 2 points better than 5 weeks ago. Everything else
      is "normal". Vet seemed very pleased with the results considering
      all the meds Whiskers is taking. He hasn't needed a chest tap since
      Jan 24.

      Yesterday, he actually sought out a sunny spot in the living room -
      something he hasn't done is 8 months! His appetite continues to be
      pretty good and he eats several small meals each day.

      So we are continuing with the treatment as is. Keeping my fingers
      crossed that he gets some really good days in this Spring.

      Susan C