17833Do not know if I really belong here

  • Diana
    Nov 28, 2004
      Hi,

      I read a few of the posts and noticed that some of the cats deal with
      HCM. I currently have a 14 month old Siamese Cat, who was diagnosed
      with a congental heart defect. When we found the cat it was only
      about 5 weeks old, and was only given 2 weeks to live at that time.
      Then was given 2 months to live. Then another doctor said the cat can
      die at any time now. But he has beat the odds. He sees a cardiologist
      every few months and is holding his own. He is currently on lasix 0.8
      cc twice a day and one pill he takes that I can not currently think
      of the name.

      This cat is my mothers "baby", and I just give it the medications and
      get all the blame when it loses weight or does not eat as well as she
      wants him to. The cat currently weighs 9 pounds. And does eat some.
      He can not eat a full meal. Does anyone know how I can tempt the cat
      to eat more? I am tring supplements from the pet store, and according
      to an older vet, giving the cat some baby formula to stimulate
      appetite.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thank You
      Diana