16849Re: [FH] cat food for heart/chf

  • mainecoonsusa@aol.com
    Jun 26, 2004
      Wow. Thanks for the great, informative post. Yesterday, I went to the
      website for Innova and I thought the food looked pretty good. But, I found it
      kind of odd that they boasted about having the 5 food groups in their food. It
      seemed a bit odd to me!

      As for premium versus commericial -- I guess I just always considered premium
      to be higher priced and better quality food found at specialty stores.
      Commercial food is cheaper, less nutritional and found in grocery and discount
      stores. Yup... the markeeting of those terms worked on me!

      I am going to research the sites you sent, and hopefully be prepared to
      discuss diet with the cardiologist on Wednesday. Thanks again!

      JoAnn

      JoAnn & Connor

      1/2 30 mg Diltiazem 2x a day
      1/2 of 2.5 mg Enalalpril daily
      12.5 mg Lasix daily
      low dose enteric coated Aspirin 2x a week for HCM

      1 puff AM, 1 puff PM 110 Flovent for Asthma

      In a message dated 6/26/2004 8:02:53 AM Eastern Standard Time, Savionna
      writes:
      In a message dated 6/25/04 2:03:35 PM, mainecoonsusa@... writes:

      << I was wondering if anyone knows of a good low salt >>

      The sodium content of many commercial and Rx food products are listed here:
      webpages.charter.net/katkarma.

      << premium >>

      "Premium" has no meaning as a nutritional term, but as a marketing one, altho
      the term is not defined or regulated. The foods that are generally considered
      to contain less noxious ingredients than others incl: Wellness,
      www.oldmotherhubbard.com; Nature's Variety, www.naturesvariety.com; PetGuard,
      www.petguard.com; Felidae, www.canidae.com; Natural Balance, www.naturalbalanceinc.com;
      Innova, www.naturapet.com; and Eagle Pack, www.eaglepack.com. All contain grains,
      altho some contain less potentially problematic grains (eg rice or barley
      instead of corn or wheat) than others...and some have a lower carbohydrate load
      than others. See websites for ingredients. The macronutrient content of many
      foods are listed here: www.sugarcats.net/sites/jmpeerson.