      From: "Sara" <sara5266@...>
      To: "Janice" <autumncat@...>; <feline-heart@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 10:56 AM
      Subject: Re: [FH] Question - coping

      It all really depends on your situation. Or maybe its because Toby is still
      on the mild side and only needs his atenolol once a day that makes me feel
      ok about leaving him for a vacation. But here's my take on this, as I am
      new to this as of 10/03 -

      1 - What really saves me, and Toby is also impossible to pill, is having his
      atentolol in pill and compounded liquid form. I save the liquid for when I
      go away, and I would have my mom stay at my house, or a relative come by
      once a day. But in your case its tough, lots more meds and twice a day.
      But its MUCH easier to squirt the liquid down than trying to pill them, if
      you can get someone you trust to come by twice a day. Or is there someone
      you know who can housesit? Maybe they can spend some time with Kirby before
      you go away and learn the signs when he needs more of something. I mush
      Toby's pill in a treat daily, but he will only take treats from me so his
      meds need to be forced down in the liquid when I am away.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic