16353Re: [FH] Question - coping

  • Bonnie Brown
    Apr 27, 2004
      Janice,
      I really have to echo Linda. Simba had RCM and I was
      not away from him for more than a few hours from the
      day he was diagnosed. I had a couple trips planned
      that my boyfriend went on without me and I worked as
      much from home as possible. I eventually left my job
      (within a couple months). It was worth it and I have
      no regrets. My priority was to spend time with Simba
      and to take care of him. I would do anything to have
      my little boy back and that lifestyle of sticking to
      the house. We had many special moments during that
      time that I will treasure forever.

      Others, even family and friends would not see changes
      in his condition, I could not think about leaving him
      with someone else. I was lucky to be in a position to
      leave my job and my boyfriend (live in boyfriend) was
      very supportive. Those times when I did have to go out
      for a few hours he worked his schedule to be home for
      Simba. Between the two of us we rarely left him alone.

      Bonnie