15182Take Me Through an Echo, Please

  • turkishangoraathumanesociety
    Jan 1, 2004
      Okay...
      Lillie has her 5 month echo with a Cardiologist in a few days.
      Since her original one was at a hospital after heart failure...I have
      no idea how it works. I know that it is some kind of ultrasound of
      the heart, but nothing else.
      Do they take "snapshots" like xrays? Are the cats (please say no)
      anesthetcized? Do they shave their fur? (This really worries me,
      because Lillie had a VERY traumatic experience at a terrible vet's
      office that shaved her, and she is supposed to be under NO STRESS per
      her I.M. specilaist). Also...have any of you been there while they
      do it? How long does it take? How do they have them lay while doing
      it? Are they held down by anything (does the procedure hurt/stress
      them?) Thank you to anyone who can take me through this.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic