1451Re: Lucky's cardiologist visit

  • Jeanne Warner
    Jan 17, 2001
      I am sorry to hear that Lucky doesn't seem to be feeling well. It
      appears that the cats daily activities is a big measuring stick as to
      how they are feeling. I hope the additional tests will be helpful in
      figuring out what is the problem.
      At least the ultrasound went ok and you don't think it is the heart.
      You mentioned that Lucky is sluggish and vomiting? Is the vomiting an
      ongoing every day thing? Or just every now and then. Dom will be fine
      for 3 weeks and then will have a vomiting problem 1 time a day for
      maybe 3 days and then is fine again. Just thought maybe we can
      compare. Is Lucky taking baby aspirin? We already had stopped those
      for Dom. But, we so no regularity with the vomiting except that it is
      in the morning when I give him either some wet food or baby food with
      the formulated drugs in them. We do give him a small amount of dry
      food about 1/2 hour before the drug mixture but it doesn't seem to
      have any effect on him.
      I will watch for your post tomorrow.
      Jeanne & Dom

      --- In feline-heart@egroups.com, "Laura Penny" <lepenny@e...> wrote:
      > Not much news to report. He believes that she's not feeling well
      (sluggish
      > and vomiting), but he doesn't think the problem is her heart. Her
      heart rate
      > was 180, her murmur was a 2, her rhythm was normal, and her BP was
      170/90.

      > Two possibilities are that her dental disease are causing her pain
      and that
      > her IBD is acting up. He is very leery of having her teeth cleaned.
      It was
      > back in August that we did presurgical bloodwork and found her
      diabetes,
      > which is now gone. We've been putting it off all this time because
      one
      > problem after another keeps cropping up.
      >
      > He did bloodwork and a urinalysis. I'll get results tomorrow and
      post then.

      > Laura
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic