14156Re: Morag back at vet with rapid breathing

  • zanth_99
    Sep 2, 2003
      Sarah,

      Thanks for asking about Boo Kitty, she's acting like herself again,
      I just wish that she would get her appetite back to 100%, she's
      eating, but several small meals a day. Her hotspots are also coming
      back, but since this is where it all started with her, I'm going to
      leave them be for the Cardio to look at. Her vet seems to think
      they may be stemming from food allergy, for many years she's eaten
      chicken based food, I am switching her to mainly seafood, to see if
      that helps, and also because seafood is supposed to be heart healthy.

      I didn't know that Lasix is hard on Kittys, I will also ask the
      cardiologist about that too.

      Sarah, I don't have any answers for you, if anything just more
      questions for myself. Please just know that I have you and Morag in
      my thoughts, and keep in touch.

      Sandy

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "brinkett" <scrubbrush@r...>
      wrote:

      > Yes - it's new, and I think that's why it's scary. It's hard to
      > know when to be concerned. Perhaps Morag will have to stay on
      lasix
      > for a while - I know it can be hard on cats, but surely being run
      > the vet all the time and having fluids build up over and over
      again
      > isn't that great for them either. I'd rather see her with clear
      > lungs for a shorter period of time than having to suffer through
      bad
      > breathing bouts over and over again.
      >
      > Morag has HCM, and also the valve between her two chambers isn't
      > working properly - don't know the proper term for that.
      >
      > How is Boo doing?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic