14153Re: Morag back at vet with rapid breathing

  • zanth_99
    Sep 1, 2003
      Sarah,

      I'm very new to this too, so I don't know what to tell you about the
      Lasix. Boo Kitty takes 1 12.5mg Lasix daily, I also had to give her
      an additional 1 about a week ago when she had an episode of heavy
      breathing. I suppose that Boo Kitty and I are going to learn more
      about her condition and the best treatment when we go see the
      cardiologist on 9/9. I can't remember, has Morag been to a cardio?
      Do you know what type of heart disease she has? From what I've been
      reading, the treatments can vary significantly depending on the type
      of disease we are treating. Please let me know how things go
      tomorrow.

      Sandy

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "brinkett" <scrubbrush@r...>
      wrote:
      > The vet listened closely to her lungs and thinks there is fluid
      > there again so he gave her 1/2 tab lasix and we're to give her 1/4
      > tab tonight and then take her to our regular vet tomorrow
      morning.
      > We haven't noticed any improvement, albeit she has only had the
      1/2
      > tab so far. She also gagged once - we're not sure if that's
      > alarming or not.
      >
      > The vet at the clinic seemed to think she would be stable until
      > tomorrow.
      >
      > We are now really discouraged that fluid seems to have come back a
      > week after she was taken off the lasix and wonder if this means
      that
      > she really doesn't have much time left. I've heard other cats are
      > on lasix all the time. Is is possible she might benefit from a
      > prolonged course of lasix?
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic