      From: bcowell

      Subject: Re: [FH] To Scan Time

      Chris,
      I think that is beautiful! A week is a long time in a kitten's life
      and you see so much change in a kitten normally. In this case, every
      step is amazingly touching.
      I so hope she makes it to scan time, and that some good news is
      coming and that it is treatable.
      Brigitte

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Christine Hughes"
      <christinemhughes@b...> wrote:
      > Thanks Barbara,
      > Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Little Ceiligh will never be
      forgotten. It's a valuable lesson learned, to live hoping, but
      valuing each hour, then each day of their lives. It sounds odd,
      maybe, but I really feel like celebrating the extra week that this
      little girl has had so far. Chris

      > From: barbara
      >

      > Chris, if there is one thing I have learned with my kitties, it
      is to take one day at a time. When panleukopenia ran through my no
      kill shelter, for over 2 months, it was one kitty or another who was
      at death's door daily. I lived not only taking it one day at a time,
      but one hour at a time in the beginning. Then as they had been
      assist fed and given antibiotics for a few days, I was able to see
      things one day at a time. Eventually, it became better as most of
      them recovered and life tried to get back into the prepanleuk phase.
      It is a most wonderful thing to have healthy kitties, but the illness
      that many of our babies develop become as glue to bind that
      particular cat to our souls. Barbara and the KittyBabies

      when she heard I was buying a salmon fillet for Poppy, mother of the
      kittens! A customer asked if I was going to make a nice sauce to go
      with it. I answered 'of course!'.
      > The kitten is still hanging in there - but when you pick her up
      she feels like a little sparrow. She has been playing very gently
      with her brothers, and even patted a toy mouse I put in with them
      yesterday, so she's enjoying life still. It's almost a whole week
      since she went to the vet and he said she should be put to sleep. I
      never for a moment thought she could still be on the go and having a
      decent life. I wonder, can we make it for another three and a half
      weeks to 'scan time'? Love Chris

      > From: Debbie Raikes-May
      >
      > Subject: Re: [FH] Treacle
      >

      > Dear Barbara
      > Thanks so much for your support yesterday.Super to hear your
      voice too! I don't know who 'Rose' is but I hope she isn't a tiny
      gal....I am nearly six foot, red hair and thin as a whippet! I must
      have been a red setter in a past life I think! I hope to come to the
      USA in August and will let you know dates as soon as I have tied up
      with Martha my friend in Dallas. It would be brilliant to see you and
      all the cats!!

      > I have just been to see Treacle at the Vets and they let me
      bring her home. She was NOT a good patient! She complained ALL the
      time. Room too hot/too cold...food too much/too little fellow
      patients too noisy/too quiet
      > thermometer not warmed first...ouchy!
      >
      > So she is now back with me, where she belongs. Fresh fish for
      breakfast.....a good sniff of all the new building work, a growl at
      Kippurr who ran down to see what was going on and stopped dead in her
      tracks when she saw it was her SISTER!!! Kippurr now unpicking the
      celebration banner (till next time? Bad Kippurr!)

      > The vet says she will NEVER have aspirin again and AMEN to
      that. We will research some other options.
      > Ben now home so she is being made a big fuss of by the two of
      us...and so is Kippurr who is very envious and wants to know how she
      could qualify for fish for brek!
      > In the midst of all this, we spare a lot of thought for John
      and Artemis who parted yesterday, till the next life.
      > And we send them our thoughts and our strength and compassion.
      > Much love
      > Debbie, Treacle and Kippurrr

      voice. You sound just like I imagined, a little 'Our Rose', a little
      blond girl on Coupling, a lot like I thought. It is amazing that the
      internet has brought me such a wonderful friend from across the
      ocean. I absolutely cannot wait to meet you and sit and work on our
      book together. I am so happy that Treacle, the Supreme, has had a
      reduction in her temperature. Surprise says to tell her to get well,
      that he has always wanted to meet an English honey. Honest, he just
      said that, little Romeo that he is. Freddie Mon wants to be me, not
      next to me, but me tonight. He follows everywhere I go, wants me to
      blend into him. Spike is breathing a bit better, put an ionizer in
      his room and he sits right above it, soaking up the clean air. Give
      Kippurr a big hug from the States and tell her to enjoy it tonight
      while she can. Barb

      earlier. I felt like you were in the next room. I would have made us
      both a cuppa tea!
      > I am so sorry about dear old Spikey. It has been such a
      sad day with Spikey, Treacle and now the sadness about Artemis.
      > Can you imagine what sort of a reunion we will all have
      one day.the noise, the fights...could that be heaven!!
      > We send our love to you from here in Wales....find Ross
      on Wye on the map, edge of England beginning of South Wales...nearest
      big towns will be Hereford or Cardiff or Llandegebo.

      > I am soon off to bed taking Kippurr with me. Wicked old
      Kippurr who is still - thank God - not 'only cat'!
      > Much love to you, and I really mean that.
      > Debbiexxx

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor