      Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Little Ceiligh will never be forgotten. It's a valuable lesson learned, to live hoping, but valuing each hour, then each day of their lives. It sounds odd, maybe, but I really feel like celebrating the extra week that this little girl has had so far. Chris

      From: barbara

      Chris, if there is one thing I have learned with my kitties, it is to take one day at a time. When panleukopenia ran through my no kill shelter, for over 2 months, it was one kitty or another who was at death's door daily. I lived not only taking it one day at a time, but one hour at a time in the beginning. Then as they had been assist fed and given antibiotics for a few days, I was able to see things one day at a time. Eventually, it became better as most of them recovered and life tried to get back into the prepanleuk phase. It is a most wonderful thing to have healthy kitties, but the illness that many of our babies develop become as glue to bind that particular cat to our souls. Barbara and the KittyBabies
      From: Debbie Raikes-May

      Dear Barbara
      Thanks so much for your support yesterday.Super to hear your voice too! I don't know who 'Rose' is but I hope she isn't a tiny gal....I am nearly six foot, red hair and thin as a whippet! I must have been a red setter in a past life I think! I hope to come to the USA in August and will let you know dates as soon as I have tied up with Martha my friend in Dallas. It would be brilliant to see you and all the cats!!

      I have just been to see Treacle at the Vets and they let me bring her home. She was NOT a good patient! She complained ALL the time. Room too hot/too cold...food too much/too little fellow patients too noisy/too quiet
      thermometer not warmed first...ouchy!

      So she is now back with me, where she belongs. Fresh fish for breakfast.....a good sniff of all the new building work, a growl at Kippurr who ran down to see what was going on and stopped dead in her tracks when she saw it was her SISTER!!! Kippurr now unpicking the celebration banner (till next time? Bad Kippurr!)

      The vet says she will NEVER have aspirin again and AMEN to that. We will research some other options.
      Ben now home so she is being made a big fuss of by the two of us...and so is Kippurr who is very envious and wants to know how she could qualify for fish for brek!
      In the midst of all this, we spare a lot of thought for John and Artemis who parted yesterday, till the next life.
      And we send them our thoughts and our strength and compassion.
      Much love
      Debbie, Treacle and Kippurrr