      From: Christine Hughes
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 8:44 AM
      Subject: Re: [FH] signs of ' the end ' being near....

      Hi Debbie and Marja,

      Now I am concerned about heat pads. I was really upset to think of what had happened to your cat Marja, with the heat pads. I bought one when our cat was pregnant with the intention of using it when she had the kittens, but after switching it on and feeling how hot it got, I was afraid to use it. It was OK while it was covered with the fleece pocket that was supplied with it, but this could easily be pushed aside, and the pad underneath, I felt, would burn a kitten left on there for any time. Are these generally safe?

      Our little poorly girl with the heart problem is still coping. Earlier yesterday I thought the end was very near for her, but then last night she perked up and actually tried to climb up my leg. She didn't gain any weight today, but has accepted 2mls of milk (no wet food) and seems fairly bright. Her eyes seem open more - don't know if this is of any relevance. So, we're still taking it day by day, with hopes up and down as we go. Chris

      From: Debbie Raikes-May

      I am so sorry Marja
      I remember when you first posted about your cat.
      You have been very brave and I utterly agree with the email which said the vet sholuld not have burned your cat! This is outrageous. Please take it further if that is the case. Peace to you and your beautiful kitty.
      ;ove
      Debbie