Re: [FF] petro fumé

  • Grahamrobb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2008
      whitfield.dan@... writes:

      Thanks for the well thought suggestion Graham, however I have been chasing
      this for years replacing all hoses and resealing all potential leak
      possibilities leading to the final conclusion:

      The fumes must be leaching through the walls of the composite gas tank
      (under the rear passenger seat) as their is no liquid leaking anywhere.

      Fair enough Dan - although if you do ever get a chance to remove the
      gas-tank, then there is some chemical sealant stuff you can coat the inside of the
      tank with, to provide a final solution. (although I suspect it will fall
      victim to the EU-Reach legislation and not be around soon). Royce used it to seal
      up pin-holes in a welded tank, but i see no reason it would not work with a
      composite, even if you have to do a lot of swilling to coat all the insides.

    • Dan Whitfield
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2008
        On 11/1/08, Grahamrobb@... <Grahamrobb@...> wrote:

        > whitfield.dan@... <whitfield.dan%40gmail.com> writes:
        >
        > Thanks for the well thought suggestion Graham, however I have been chasing
        > this for years replacing all hoses and resealing all potential leak
        > possibilities leading to the final conclusion:
        >
        > The fumes must be leaching through the walls of the composite gas tank
        > (under the rear passenger seat) as their is no liquid leaking anywhere.
        >
        > Fair enough Dan - although if you do ever get a chance to remove the
        > gas-tank, then there is some chemical sealant stuff you can coat the inside

        Interesting ECO fact: I don't know how they do it, but the ECO tank is
        integraly with moulded with the monocoque apparently out of the same kevlar
        reinforced epoxy.

        My guess is that it is not an effective vapor barrier (like the clear
        plastic gas hoses recently outlawed in USA).

        A coating might be doable through the bolted on access plate, though I fear
        fouling the fuel inlet should the coating seperate from the tank walls. Dan
        Whitfield

      • Grahamrobb@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2008
          whitfield.dan@... writes:

          the ECO tank is
          integraly with moulded with the monocoque apparently out of the same kevlar
          reinforced epoxy.

          That would make my proposal impossible , as you pour the goo in and swill it
          around as it sets.
          ..... I think i'd better think it out again...
          But I still don't see why it is not a universal Eco problem.

        • Dan Whitfield
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2008
            On 11/1/08, Grahamrobb@... <Grahamrobb@...> wrote:

            > whitfield.dan@... <whitfield.dan%40gmail.com> writes:
            >
            > the ECO tank is
            > integraly with moulded with the monocoque apparently out of the same kevlar
            > reinforced epoxy.
            >
            > That would make my proposal impossible , as you pour the goo in and swill
            > it
            > around as it sets.
            > ..... I think i'd better think it out again...
            > But I still don't see why it is not a universal Eco problem.
            >
            > Unfortunately Graham it is a universal ECO problem.

            Dan Whitfield

          • Graham Addis
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 3, 2008
              Dan Whitfield wrote:
              > On 11/1/08, Grahamrobb@... <Grahamrobb@...> wrote:

              >> But I still don't see why it is not a universal Eco problem.
              >>
              >> Unfortunately Graham it is a universal ECO problem.

              And what does Arnold have to say about it?

              Graham - Cogito, ergo recubo.
            • Dan Whitfield
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 3, 2008
                On 11/3/08, Graham Addis <graham@...> wrote:

                > Dan Whitfield wrote:
                > > On 11/1/08, Grahamrobb@... <Grahamrobb%40aol.com> <
                > Grahamrobb@... <Grahamrobb%40aol.com>> wrote:
                >
                > >> But I still don't see why it is not a universal Eco problem.
                > >>
                > >> Unfortunately Graham it is a universal ECO problem.
                >
                > And what does Arnold have to say about it?

                Sounds like a question for him?? peraves@... is his email address.
                I no longer communicate with the dowager.

                Dan Whitfield

                Graham - Cogito, ergo recubo.

              • Graham Addis
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 3, 2008
                  > I no longer communicate with the dowager.

                  Did his husband die???
                • Govert G
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 3, 2008
                    Sounds like a question for him?? peraves@... is his email address.
                    I no longer communicate with the dowager.

                    Dan Whitfield

                    Graham - Cogito, ergo recubo.

                    Dowager:

                    A widow who holds a title or property derived from her deceased husband.
                    An elderly woman of high social station.
                    [Obsolete French douagiere, from douage, dower, from douer, to endow, from
                    Latin dotare, from dos, dot-, dowry.]

                    ??

                    Govert