Playgroups

  • arya j
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2012
      Hello,
      I am new to this group, and new to the diagnosis. My son is 2 1/2 with a moderate ASD diagnosis. Being this age, he is therefore not eligible for many of the camps and programs that are available.

      Please let me know of any play groups in the Bothell area, that may be appropriate for him.

      Any help is much appreciated.

      Thanks,
    • rizzo77@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2012

        Hi there,

        We would go to the playgroups at Third Place Books at that age, the Bothell Library, and Wonderland Developmental Center was a great resource!  They serve kids birth to three and help transition into the 3-5 year head start program.  They also have great resources for play groups, they do summer camps, etc.  http://www.wdcbirthtothree.org/ (206)364-3777

        Marisa

        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2012
          Would you be willing to drive to Everett? If so, check out Camp Prov. They take kids as young as 18 months. It is $100 for 1/2 day Monday - Friday and the ratio is pretty much 1:1 although most kids are not assigned to specific kids. There are basically tons of counselors (most are HS kids getting their community service). It is a blast for the kids. The camp itself is at Forest Park.

          To: featwa@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2012
            There is Northwest Special Families in the bothell area that have a large range of children and diagnosis.

            Also I started a small support/playgroup up here in the Kirkland area but we do things all around the Seattle area. www.meetup.com/autismfamilylink . I've attached a flyer as well

            Message 5 of 6 , May 4, 2012
              Good morning! :)

              I am a new FEAT member, and want to start a jr high "hang out"/fun activity group in Shelton, for my 15-yr old son with Aspbergers. Wondered if you have any tips or processes you followed?

              School is a great place to communicate it, but is also a challenge due to teen sensitivity around the issue, so will need to be delicate with verbage, etc., but think it could help my son and other kids at this age when they're too old for play dates/groups, and pressures rise, social skills are most vital, meeting friends is tough, and having no one to hang out with can be difficult.

              Thanks for any guidance you may have. Keep up your great work! :)

              Cheral Jones

              Message 6 of 6 , May 4, 2012
                I would be interested to know if there are any playgroups in Bellevue/kirkland area also :)