Hope-Harveys variety talent show

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2004
      If in Pittsburgh and interested, contact <mc@...> (mc *from*
      fromhome *dot* com for those of you reading on the web)...

      ***

      Hola!

      The Hope-Harveys are putting on a unique show for the holiday season. On
      Friday December 10, at the Bloomfield Bridge Tavern, we will be putting on
      a pageant with Mike Shanley and some other friends, based on a famous
      holiday special. But we don't want to give away the surprise.

      Part of the story in this pageant involves a local talent show. And what we
      would love - is if every one of you came and performed a very short (5
      minutes or less) act. This isn't a real talent show. It's just part of a
      pageant, so we'd especially like it if you did something you've never done
      before. If you are a famous Pittsburgh musician, why not do a magic trick,
      or juggling, or reciting a dramatic monologue, or being part of a pantomime
      horse, or standing on your head, or doing your impression of Gus Visser and
      His Singing Duck? Any of these things would really fit in and just make a
      fun night where you can let your hair down and be amongst friends. There
      will be no cover charge, just a bunch of friends cheering each other on and
      some musical numbers performed by the Ho-Has and friends.

      So, please consider adding your talent to the show. If you would like to
      let us know ahead of time, that might be good. Then we can have an idea of
      how many acts there are. Or, you can just show up! And please pass this on
      to as many people as you think might be interested.

      Questions? Suggestions? Let's hear them.
      Dick Hope