Tom Waits/Real Gone

  • Kevin J. Hosey
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2004
      I have another, much longer missive coming later, but before I start on
      a topic(s) that depress/piss me off, I wanted to ask what other
      people's thoughts are on the "Real Gone" CD by Tom Waits.
      I have played this almost daily for three weeks, and it just isn't
      doing much for me; I don't hate it, but I really don't like it that
      much in just about every category. It may be the first Tom Waits CD,
      certainly the first in many years, that just becomes background music
      for me. I've read reviews, including the recent Village Voice piece,
      and I am not getting it.
      Your thoughts are welcome.

      Kevin
      http://Buffaloroots.com