solace in sam cooke

  • Carl A Zimring
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
      I was born by the river
      In a little tent, and o
      just like that river
      I've been running ever since

      It's been a long time coming, but I know
      A change is gonna come, oh yes it will

      It's been too hard living
      but I'm afraid to die
      'cause I don't know what's up there
      beyond the sky,

      It's been a long time coming, but I know
      A change is gonna come, oh yes it will

      I go to the movie and I go downtown
      Somebody keep tellin me
      don't hang around

      It's been a long time coming, but I know
      A change is gonna come, oh yes it will

      Then I go to my brother
      and I say brother help me please
      But he wind up (knocking) me
      back down on my knees

      There have been times that I thought
      I couldn't last for long
      But now I think I'm able to carry on

      It's been a long time, but I know
      A change is gonna come, oh yes it will
    • rickkelly1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
        sigh.
      • Jason Gross
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2004
          Thank you Carl. I nearly lost it when I read those still-moving
          words.

          Best,
          Jason

          Perfect Sound Forever
          online music magazine with warped perspectives since 1993
          http://www.perfectsoundforever.com