election day music

  • Carl A Zimring
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      Eddie wrote:

      > Remember: DEMOCRATS VOTE on TUESDAY - REPUBLICANS VOTE on WEDNESDAY. ;->

      Heh. I was grouchy that traffic from Grand Rapids, Michigan (where I managed to cross paths with both Bush and Cheney's touring circuses) to Ohio made me too late to see Camper Van Beethoven's Cleveland show, but that made me laugh.

      Lots of political music out there this season, but as we are hours away from finding out (I hope!) what will happen, this one by Steve Wynn is in my head:

      Any day but Tuesday
      I would gladly walk through fire
      Any day but Tuesday
      we could drown in our own desire
      and I wish a man could be
      in twenty places at one time
      Any day but Tuesday would be fine

      Any day but Tuesday
      We could fall across the aisle
      Any day but Tuesday
      It only has to be for a little while
      And I wish sometimes a man
      Could be more than just a boy
      Any day but Tuesday would be a joy

      In a sentence
      In a word
      It might be something that you heard
      In a night, it could be right
      If you'd only see the light

      Any day but Tuesday
      We could talk or maybe we could sing
      Any day but Tuesday
      It really doesn't have to mean a single thing
      And I wish sometimes a man
      Could be more than just a boy
      Any day but Tuesday would be a joy

      Looking forward to waiting in line to vote tomorrow morning,