Town & Country, New Zealand. Monday 01 Nov

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2004
      TOWN & COUNTRY RADIO SHOW, 783 KHz AM, Mon 01 Nov
      nzcountry-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Remember: DEMOCRATS VOTE on TUESDAY - REPUBLICANS VOTE on WEDNESDAY. ;->

      ARTIST of the Week: DULCIE TAYLOR, Mirrors And Windows [Black Iris]
      ALBUM of the Week: DOLLY PARTON, Live And Well [Sugar Hill]

      * @ 8.45 pm THE KINGPUP RADIO SHOW

      * @ 9.00 pm RITCHIE ROBERTS paddles in from The Twin Lakes Opry:

      FARON YOUNG, It's Four In The Morning [Mercury]
      GENE AUTRY, The Call Of The Canyon [Columbia]
      ALAN JACKSON, Don't Close Your Eyes [BMC]
      DANIEL O'DONNELL, One More Time [ABC Music] Ir
      RITCHIE ROBERTS, Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain [unreleased] NZ
      MARTY ROBBINS, I'll Go Alone [Columbia]
      SLIM WHITMAN, A Fool Such As I [Capitol]
      RICKY SKAGGS, Can't You Hear Me Calling [Columbia]

      * @ 9.45 pm MERV WALTERS surrenders up his WMD [Western Music Discs]:

      SLIM DUSTY, Been A Fool Too Long [EMI] Oz
      CLIFF CARLISLE, It Ain't No Fault Of Mine [Arhoolie]
      THE LEWIS FAMILY, Beyond The Cross [Canaan]
      THE YODER FAMILY, I Feel Like Travelin' On [Glory Train]
      TOM T HALL, Back When We Were Young [Mercury]
      ROSALIE ALLEN, You Ain't Got No Time For Me [Cattle]
      THE BLUE SKY BLUES, My Main Trial Is Yet To Come [Rounder]
      BOXCAR WILLIE, Boxcar Blues [Hallmark]
      TERI SULLIVAN, Jolene [Comstock]
      ORVAL PROPHET, The Judgement Day Express [Bear Family]
      TAMMY WYNETTE, The Wonders You Perform [Epic]
      STOP THE TRUCK, Just Thought I'd Let You Know [stopthetruck.com]
      JOE DIFFIE, White Lightnin' [Fox]

      * EDDIE O'STRANGE has Dedications & a kitbag full of New Releases:

      HIT & RUN BLUEGRASS, Beauty Fades [Oasis]
      DULCIE TAYLOR, Love Like Yours & Mine [Black Iris]
      ELEVEN HUNDRED SPRINGS, If I Was A Candle [Palo Duro]
      ED BURLESON, Sneakin' Suspicion [Palo Duro]
      THE LARRY STEPHENSON BAND, A Memory Of You [Pinecastle]
      DOLLY PARTON, My Tennessee Mountain Home [Sugar Hill]
      DOLLY PARTON, Coat Of many Colors [Sugar Hill]
      TIM GRAVES & DARYL MOSLEY, Somebody's Back In Town [Pinecastle]
      DULCIE TAYLOR, Ice Melts [Black Iris]
      DAVE CARTER & TRACY GRAMMER, Grand Prairie Tx Homesick Blues [Signature
      Sounds]
      BURL IVES, A Little Bitty Tear [Half Moon]
      THE SONS OF TENNESSEE, Cool Water [sonsoftennessee.com]
      SUZY BOGGUSS & CHET ATKINS, In The Jailhouse Now [Liberty]

      Our grateful thanks to all the artists, labels and studios who make their
      music available for us to broadcast nation-wide. New Zealand thanks you.
      Eddie <blue.smoke@...>

      Eddie O'Strange, Town & Country Radio Show's anchor host for 13+ years.
      Postal Address: 21 Redvers Drive, Belmont, Lower Hutt 6009, New Zealand
    • Carl A Zimring
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
        Eddie wrote:

        > Remember: DEMOCRATS VOTE on TUESDAY - REPUBLICANS VOTE on WEDNESDAY. ;->

        Heh. I was grouchy that traffic from Grand Rapids, Michigan (where I managed to cross paths with both Bush and Cheney's touring circuses) to Ohio made me too late to see Camper Van Beethoven's Cleveland show, but that made me laugh.

        Lots of political music out there this season, but as we are hours away from finding out (I hope!) what will happen, this one by Steve Wynn is in my head:

        Any day but Tuesday
        I would gladly walk through fire
        Any day but Tuesday
        we could drown in our own desire
        and I wish a man could be
        in twenty places at one time
        Any day but Tuesday would be fine

        Any day but Tuesday
        We could fall across the aisle
        Any day but Tuesday
        It only has to be for a little while
        And I wish sometimes a man
        Could be more than just a boy
        Any day but Tuesday would be a joy

        In a sentence
        In a word
        It might be something that you heard
        In a night, it could be right
        If you'd only see the light

        Any day but Tuesday
        We could talk or maybe we could sing
        Any day but Tuesday
        It really doesn't have to mean a single thing
        And I wish sometimes a man
        Could be more than just a boy
        Any day but Tuesday would be a joy

        Looking forward to waiting in line to vote tomorrow morning,