Re: Clip: Pogues reissue/reunion news

  • andyb240658
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 8, 2004
      "andyb240658" <a.s.benham@b...> writes:

      > last
      > >years show was a hoot, not withstanding Shane only being on stage for
      > >half the performance.
      > >
      > >Andy
      > >

      > when he WAS there, was he singing well, or was he the slobbering
      wretch that appears in that documentary?

      > i thought that was just so sad.

      I'd seen that doc. and other footage and was expecting the worse, but
      I have to say he was excellent, although I have no idea what he was
      upto offstage. The band, of course, were as tight as a ducks ****.

      Andy
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 9, 2004
        --On Friday, October 8, 2004 11:02 AM -0400 Justin Hopper
        <jhopper@...> wrote:

        > More importantly, I met some Elvis-fanatic Zider-Zwillers from Somerset
        > who'd never been to London before and thought the very concept of
        > "Pittsburgh" was damn-near MAGICAL. Pittsburgh doesn't get you too much
        > pull, but I guess when Glastonbury's the "big city," it might as well be
        > Paris.

        Hey, you may recall Sally Timms was enchanted enough to inquire about house
        prices a few years ago!

        Carl "the street grid is magical...or at least supernatural" Z.
      • Justin Hopper
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 12, 2004
          This is my current favorite piece of music writing, an online review from
          "hitthepit.com" of Vancouver metal geeks 3 Inches of Blood's new album.

          The best part is "the best part of [the singer] is not in fact his pipes,
          but his mind." then quotes the AMAZING lyrics...

          juddy

          3 Inches of Blood
          "Advance and Vanquish"
          Roadrunner Records

          REAL METAL IS BACK! Asyou get older you find that everything that was once
          good, always comes back again. Thus is the case with 3 Inches Of Blood's
          sound. With Iron Maiden, Dream Theatre, Judas Priest, and Queensryche
          stepping into the twilight of their careers, it is only fitting that 3
          Inches Of Blood would step into the spotlight and make the metal circle
          complete!

          3 Inches of Blood Technical, thrashy, slaying, evil, war obsessed, these are
          all words to describe the band. And let me tell you about Cam Pipes!
          (yep...it is his real name) CAM PIPES? Are you kidding? Is that not a rock
          star name or what? It almost a better name then Rob Halford and Bruce
          Dickinson! And vocally, he hits high notes that makes you wonder if he has
          wild berries for nuts. Not to mention that the best part of Mr.Pipes is not
          in fact his pipes, but his mind. Try some of these classic lyrics on for
          size:

          "Flash of iron, leather,spikes and swords. Mighty warriors with metal on
          their side. Enemies of metal, death is our reward!" -Deadly Sinners

          "Deceivers flesh ripped off his wretched bones. REVENGE! Revenge is a
          vulture, his head placed on a pike for all to see. A lesson learned for all
          of the usurpers to the throne!" - Revenge Is A Vulture

          "Flaming arrows from the sky, the massacre begins. Order turns to chaos, no
          hope to win! The tyrant is here to take up your throne, he'll take your head
          before taking your crown."

          HA! Fucking awesome! Old school metal right there kiddies! Blazing guitar
          solos, lighting fast licks, musically 3IOB is a fret board extravaganza.
          Meanwhile Cam is a sick fuck that can sing with the legends! If you like the
          before mentioned bands, then this is a record you must have. I would also be
          remiss if I did not mention Kernon and Colin Richardson who constructed the
          perfect sound for these retro lunatics!
        • Kevin J. Hosey
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 12, 2004
            Man, I'm all but wordless; if I could only reach such heights on our
            Web site ...

            Kevin Knuckles; yeah, it's my REAL name ...
            http://Buffaloroots.com

            On Tuesday, October 12, 2004, at 08:41 AM, Justin Hopper wrote:

            > This is my current favorite piece of music writing, an online review
            > from
            > "hitthepit.com" of Vancouver metal geeks 3 Inches of Blood's new album.
            >
            > The best part is "the best part of [the singer] is not in fact his
            > pipes,
            > but his mind." then quotes the AMAZING lyrics...
            >
            > juddy
            >

            > 3 Inches of Blood
            > "Advance and Vanquish"
            > Roadrunner Records
            >
            > REAL METAL IS BACK! Asyou get older you find that everything that was
            > once
            > good, always comes back again. Thus is the case with 3 Inches Of
            > Blood's
            > sound. With Iron Maiden, Dream Theatre, Judas Priest, and Queensryche
            > stepping into the twilight of their careers, it is only fitting that 3
            > Inches Of Blood would step into the spotlight and make the metal circle
            > complete!
            >
            > 3 Inches of Blood Technical, thrashy, slaying, evil, war obsessed,
            > these are
            > all words to describe the band. And let me tell you about Cam Pipes!
            > (yep...it is his real name) CAM PIPES? Are you kidding? Is that not a
            > rock
            > star name or what? It almost a better name then Rob Halford and Bruce
            > Dickinson! And vocally, he hits high notes that makes you wonder if he
            > has
            > wild berries for nuts. Not to mention that the best part of Mr.Pipes
            > is not
            > in fact his pipes, but his mind. Try some of these classic lyrics on
            > for
            > size:
            >
            > "Flash of iron, leather,spikes and swords. Mighty warriors with metal
            > on
            > their side. Enemies of metal, death is our reward!" -Deadly Sinners
            >
            > "Deceivers flesh ripped off his wretched bones. REVENGE! Revenge is a
            > vulture, his head placed on a pike for all to see. A lesson learned
            > for all
            > of the usurpers to the throne!" - Revenge Is A Vulture
            >
            > "Flaming arrows from the sky, the massacre begins. Order turns to
            > chaos, no
            > hope to win! The tyrant is here to take up your throne, he'll take
            > your head
            > before taking your crown."
            >
            > HA! Fucking awesome! Old school metal right there kiddies! Blazing
            > guitar
            > solos, lighting fast licks, musically 3IOB is a fret board
            > extravaganza.
            > Meanwhile Cam is a sick fuck that can sing with the legends! If you
            > like the
            > before mentioned bands, then this is a record you must have. I would
            > also be
            > remiss if I did not mention Kernon and Colin Richardson who
            > constructed the
            > perfect sound for these retro lunatics!
          • Steve Berry
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 14, 2004
              Oh, I don't know, Kevin -- I think your website is wonderful and the writing is spot-on!

              -- SteveB

              Message: 1
              Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:37:16 -0400
              From: Kevin J. Hosey <kjhosey@...>
              Subject: Re: Fine Music Writing

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 14, 2004
                Well, thank you, Steve, I appreciate that and swear I wasn't trolling
                for compliments.

                Kevin
                http://Buffaloroots.com

              • rickkelly1@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 15, 2004
                  In a message dated 10/15/2004 12:32:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Kevin J. Hosey" <kjhosey@...> writes:

                  >Well, thank you, Steve, I appreciate that and swear I wasn't trolling
                  >for compliments.
                  >
                  >Kevin

                  And you're a great dancer, and a snappy dresser, too!
                • Kevin J. Hosey
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 16, 2004
                    On Friday, October 15, 2004, at 10:10 AM, rickkelly1@... wrote:

                    > In a message dated 10/15/2004 12:32:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                    > "Kevin J. Hosey" <kjhosey@...> writes:
                    >

                    >> Well, thank you, Steve, I appreciate that and swear I wasn't trolling
                    >> for compliments.
                    >>
                    >> Kevin
                    >

                    > And you're a great dancer, and a snappy dresser, too!

                    OK, OK, we'll put up a new photo of Val and I at the Web site; but only
                    because you asked for it ..

                    Kevin
                    http://Buffaloroots.com