Dents and Shells

  • Lougre@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
      That's Richard Buckner's new album. He's peddling it at his live shows, though the official release is still a couple of weeks away. I got it last night at his first of two Chicago shows and listened on the way home.

      It's got a very lush, full sound, especially compared to the stark arrangements he does when he plays solo (or to Impasse). Most of the songs really rock, but with a twang. And the vocals are not as up front as usual.

      The verdict: gorgeous!

      Louise
    • Carl A Zimring
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004

        > That's Richard Buckner's new album. He's peddling it at his live shows,
        > though the official release is still a couple of weeks away. I got it
        > last night at his first of two Chicago shows and listened on the way
        > home.

        Damn, how often does he play Chicago? You folks are lucky.

        > It's got a very lush, full sound, especially compared to the stark
        > arrangements he does when he plays solo (or to Impasse). Most of the
        > songs really rock, but with a twang. And the vocals are not as up front
        > as usual.
        >
        > The verdict: gorgeous!

        Eagerly awaiting it...

        Carl Z.
      • llllougre
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
          --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, "Carl A Zimring" <cz28@a...> wrote:

          > Damn, how often does he play Chicago? You folks are lucky.

          We are indeed lucky. A year ago today, I hadn't even heard of Richard
          Buckner. Tonight will be his fourth Chicago show I've been to in
          2004. He does seem to like us.

          Sorta related: On Sunday at the Mountain Goats show at the Empty
          Bottle (also Chicago), John Darnielle said that whenever he imagines
          performing something live, he imagines doing so on the Empty Bottle
          stage. (Maybe he says that to every audience?)

          Louise