Town & Country, New Zealand. Monday 04 Oct

  • Blue Smoke Music Company
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2004
      TOWN & COUNTRY RADIO SHOW, 783 KHz AM, Mon 04 Oct
      nzcountry-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      ARTIST of the Week: DAVID VIA & CORN TORNADO, In A Holler In A Mountain
      [davidvia.com]
      ALBUM of the Week: ROD PICOTT, Girl From Arkansas [Welding Rod]

      TRIBUTE CD of the Week: Various - BEAUTIFUL DREAMER: The Songs Of Stephen
      Foster [Emergent]

      * @ 8.45 pm THE KINGPUP RADIO SHOW

      * @ 9.00 pm RITCHIE ROBERTS paddles in from The Twin Lakes Opry:

      SUZY BOGGUSS, Someday Soon [EMI]
      HANK WILLIAMS, The Blues Come Around [Prism]
      PETER POSA, Amigo's Guitar [BMG] NZ
      MERLE HAGGARD, I Take A Lot Of Pride In What I Am [K-tel]
      ALISON KRAUSS, I've Got That Old Feeling [Rounder]
      ALAN JACKSON, Ace Of Hearts [BMG]
      RITCHIE ROBERTS, Saginaw Michigan [unreleased] NZ
      JOHN WILLIAMSON, Just A Dog [EMI] Oz

      * @ 9.45 pm MERV WALTERS surrenders up his WMD [Western Music Discs]:

      ROY DRUSKY, Another [Decca]
      ROY DRUSKY, Must It Be Me [Decca]
      ROY DRUSKY, White Lightnin' Express [Mercury]
      ROY DRUSKY, Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain [QED]
      THE MADDOX BROTHERS & ROSE, Meanest Man In Town [Jasmine]
      BILL NETTLES, Tears Have Washed Away Your Smile [Cattle]
      RALPH STANLEY, I Got A Letter [Shock]
      JIM & JESSE, Rocky Road Blues [Shock]
      ZANE PROSSER, Backwater Blues [self]
      CAROLINA ROSE & THE BLUEGRASS EXPRESS BAND, Carolina Rose [carolinarose.com]
      THE KENDALLS, My Baby's Gone [Raven]
      CARL SMITH, Our Honeymoon [BACM]
      ROY DRUSKY, Three Hearts In A Tangle [Decca]

      * EDDIE O'STRANGE has Dedications & a kitbag full of New Releases:

      THE DUHKS, Campdown Races [Emergent]
      ROD PICOTT, No Love In This Town [Welding Rod]
      DAVID BALL, Old Folks At Home [Emergent]
      DAVID VIA & CORN TORNADO, Fiddlin' Shiflett [davidvia.com]
      TIM GRIMM, San Francisco Mabel Joy [Wind River]
      DAVID VIA & CORN TORNADO, Pawnshops And Wedding Rings [davidvia.com]
      MAYF NUTTER, Goin' Skinny Dippin' [Stardust]
      ROD PICOTT, Girl From Arkansas [Welding Rod]
      ROOSTER QUANTRELL, Don't You Think It's Time [Stardust]
      BR-549, Don't Bet Money On The Shanghai [Emergent]
      TROY COOK Jr, Oceans Of Love [Stardust]
      MICHAEL McCRARY, Dream [acousticloungemusic.com]

      Our grateful thanks to all the artists, labels and studios who make their
      music available for us to broadcast nation-wide. New Zealand thanks you.
      Eddie <blue.smoke@...>

      Eddie O'Strange, Town & Country Radio Show's anchor host for 13+ years.
      Postal Address: 21 Redvers Drive, Belmont, Lower Hutt 6009, New Zealand