next week's new releases & reissues

  • Carl A Zimring
    Message 1 of 142 , Sep 8, 2004
      Culled from ICE. I may be going on a spending spree soon.

      Carl Z.

      http://www.icemagazine.com/dates/release209.asp

      september 14

      The Arcade Fire Funeral (Merge)

      BeauSoleil Gitan Cajun (Gypsy Cajun) (Vanguard)

      Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown Timeless (HighTone)

      Kasey Chambers Wayward Angel (Warner Bros.)

      Cowboy Jack Clement Guess Things Happen That Way (ICE #210) (DualTone)

      The Datsuns Outta Sight/Outta Mind (produced by John Paul Jones) (V2)

      The Ex Turn (two CDs) (Touch and Go)

      The Faint Wet from Birth (Saddle Creek)

      Giant Sand It's All Over...the Map (produced by Josh Parish; Vic Chestnutt guests) (Thrill Jockey)

      Japancakes Waking Hours (Warm Electronic)

      Augie March Strange Bird (spinART)

      Melvins/Lustmord Pigs of the Roman Empire (Ipecac)

      Tift Merritt Tambourine (Lost Highway)

      Willie Nelson Outlaws & Angels (Lost Highway)

      Dolly Parton Live & Well (ICE #210) (Sugar Hill)

      Polly Paulusma Scissors in My Pocket (Birdman/One Little Indian)

      Silkworm It'll Be Cool (Touch and Go)

      The Silos When the Telephone Rings (DualTone)

      The Thrills Let's Bottle Bohemia (Peter Buck and Van Dyke Parks guest) (Virgin)

      Sally Timms (of the Mekons) In the World of Him (Touch and Go)

      Thalia Zedek Trust Not Those in Whom Without Some Touch of Madness (Thrill Jockey)

      The Zombies As Far as I Can See (original members Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent, with guitarist Keith Airey, bassist Jim Rodford and his son, drummer Steve Rodford) (Rhino)

      DVD Morcheeba From Brixton to Beijing (Rhino)

      DVD Audio The Polyphonic Spree Together We're Heavy (DTS)

      SACD Ray Charles Genius Loves Company (Concord)

      from the vaults
      september 14

      Maggie Bell Stone the Crows (Snapper)

      The Bobby Fuller Four I Fought the Law: The Best of (Rhino)

      Lenny Bruce Let the Buyer Beware (six-CD box set) (Shout! Factory)

      Peter Case Best of (w/ two new tracks) (Vanguard)

      Peter Case Who's Gonna Go Your Crooked Mile? Selected Tracks 1994-2004 (ICE #210) (Vanguard)

      Cream Disraeli Gears - Deluxe Edition (two CDs; ICE #208) (Polydor/UME)

      Bill Evans California Here I Come (Verve)

      Dizzy Gillespie Salt Peanuts (Justin Time)

      Jools Holland & His Rhythm & Blues Orchestra Friends 3 (Rhino)

      Mission of Burma Best of (Rykodisc)

      Willie Nelson Anthology (CD/DVD combo) (Master Classics)

      Lou Reed Coney Island Baby and Street Hassle (Arista/BMG Heritage)

      Jimmy Smith The Boss (Verve)

      Ritchie Valens Story (Rhino/Del-Fi)

      OST Freaks and Geeks (w/the Who, Joan Jett, Rush and XTC) (Shout! Factory)

      DVD Fleetwood Mac Destiny Rules (Sanctuary)

      DVD The Who Live in Boston (Rhino/Warner Vision)
      Message 142 of 142 , Apr 26, 2006
        Culled from ICE.
        <http://icemagazine.com/dates/228/release.asp>

        new releases
        may 02

        Current 93 Black Ships Ate the Sky (guest vocals by Marc Almond,
        Antony, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Shirley Collins and more) (Durtro)

        Danko Jones Sleep Is the Enemy (Razor & Tie)

        Alejandro Escovedo The Boxing Mirror (produced by John Cale) (Back
        Porch/Narada/EMI)

        Roy Hargrove Quintet Nothing Serious (w/Slide Hampton) (Verve)

        Pearl Jam Pearl Jam (J Records)

        vault releases
        may 02

        Albert King Complete at Montreux (Stax)

        Renaissance British Tour '76 (previously unreleased) (MLP)

        DVD Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock 'N' Roll (Chronicles)